TERMS AND CONDITIONS
www.scubatribebali.com is an Indonesian company based in Bali who offers diving and accommodation services. Located: Tulamben, Kubu, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80853.
Scuba Tribe Bali is registered under the name of PT. DREAM DIVERS BALI, license number: 93242. The legal owner is: Gede Pasek Surat Atmaja. The legal editor of the website is: Baptiste Larriere, and is hosted by OVH in Germany: OVH, Limburg, Germany. Limburger Str. 45, 65555 Limburg an der Lahn.
This page is aiming to set up all the terms and conditions of the website for its users. Everyone visiting www.scubatribebali.com automatically consents to all the terms and conditions or must leave the website immediately. This automatic consent approval applies as well when you check-in into the dive-resort or purchase any activity with Scuba Tribe Bali.
Our Terms & Conditions may be updated from time to time without notice to you. We will publish the amended version on the Website. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any change to this Policy. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether it has changed.
• All the diving activities follow the regulations guidelines for recreational diving activities of the Indonesian Minister of Tourism.
• Guest divers will be grouped according to their qualification and experience and will always follow the instructions of the accompanying instructor. An instructor may terminate the dive or dive pack of any guest if the diver does not follow instructions or is deemed unsafe to him/herself and/or others.
• The dive center or instructor reserves the right to refuse the business of any guests on the grounds of safety issues or possible issues that arise or may arise.
• If the guest has a medical issue and does not present a medical certification from a doctor allowing the guest to scuba dive then the guest will not be allowed to dive with us, regardless of the guest’s experience and/or certification level, until such medical check up is done and a medical certification is issued by a doctor allowing the guest to scuba dive.
• A certification check will be done before any dive. You can present an online or paper version of it.
• For their own safety, divers may be required to complete a check dive and/or a refresher dive depending on their certification level and experience and the time elapsed between their last logged dive.
• The maximum depth for each guest is determined by their certification level, as well as the instructor’s assessment of the client’s ability and comfort level and also by the weather and sea conditions on the day.
• All recreational No-Deco dives will always be done within the recreational depth limits and the no decompression time limits.
• Any guest scuba diving in Indonesia is required, under local law, to have or take out a diving insurance to be legally allowed to learn or practice scuba diving.
• We take diving safety very seriously and would strongly advise guests to be entirely honest when filling in these forms especially were medical safety in involved. Putting one’s life at risk and potentially the lives of others, including our instructors, should never be an option.
All divers will need to complete and sign
• Self-Assessment Medical Statement (RSTC Medical form)
If the diver answers “YES” to any of the medical conditions on the form, then a medical certificate signed by a doctor is required.
• Risk and Liability Statement
Divers under the age of 18 need to provide written parental/ guardian consent allowing them to dive.
• Customer Registration Form
This form is issued by the dive center and will be given to the guest either by email or by hand and will be used solely to collect personal data and diving information as well as reminding the guest of local medical obligations. This form also includes the Self-Assessment Medical & Risk Liability statements.
Number of dives
• The guest may choose the number of dives to do in a day. For some dive sites, a minimum of 2 dives will be required.
• Standards require that appropriate student materials are purchased for use during all courses and to keep as reference after finishing it. Scuba Tribe Bali does not include the cost of the materials in the price of the course. The client may bring their own materials or purchase them from Scuba Tribe Bali.
• For technical courses, the certification fee is not included in the price of the course. The instructor may decide not to certify the student, if he considers the diver doesn’t fulfill the ability or personal requirements for the certification. There is a certification fee on each successfully completed recreational course included in the course prices.
• Scuba Tribe Bali will do all that is possible to complete a course within a stipulated time, however, it cannot guarantee its duration as each student will have to fulfill all the obligations and standards of the course which might take more time. If the student can’t complete the course during their stay either a referral will be issued by Scuba Tribe Bali or Scuba Tribe Bali will reserve the option to keep the course open to be finished within 12 months.
• If more than 12 months elapse then the course must be restarted from the beginning.
• If the student needs further days to complete a course additional fees may apply.
• Scuba Tribe Bali will choose the appropriate dive sites suitable for its guests depending on their certification level, proficiency and the sea conditions on the day.
• The planned dive sites for the day may change, even on short notice, depending on weather conditions, safety issues or technical reasons.
• Transport to and from dive sites is included in our prices, unless otherwise mentioned. Divers using our transport do so at their own risk. We recommend not to take valuables to the dive sites. Scuba Tribe Bali will not bear any responsibility for lost properties or thief.
• Scuba Tribe Bali offers free pick-ups for guests in Amed-Tulamben area and must be confirmed upon request.
Non-divers travelling in the dive trucks and/or on the dive boat are subject to the available space with first preference always being given to diving clients. Non-divers travelling on the boat and/or in the dive trucks travel at their own risk. Scuba Tribe Bali doesn’t offer any tourist guiding or other activities except for diving and snorkel trips. All dive trucks and the dive boat all hold the appropriate licenses and are all covered by the necessary insurance coverage.
• Scuba Tribe Bali only rents equipment to divers and snorkelers accompanied by one of our instructors.
• All items must be returned in good working condition on the same day as taken. Items will be charged on a daily basis until handed back to reception staff whether they have been used or unused.
• The guest who is renting equipment is fully responsible for any damage or loss that the equipment may suffer due to bad or irresponsible use.
• Scuba Tribe Bali does not rent out any scuba diving equipment to third parties.
A booking will only be confirmed upon deposit unless another arrangement is reached. In any other case it will be considered a provisional booking and Scuba Tribe Bali cannot guarantee the availability of an instructor for the requested activity.
• If the guest cancels a Tulamben based activity 24 hours before, the cancelation fee is 25% of the total cost.
• If the guest cancels a Tulamben based activity within 24 hours a 50% cancellation fee is required.
• If the guest cancels a remoted activity 72 hours before, the cancelation fee is 25% of the total cost.
• If the guest cancels a remoted activity within 72 hours, a 100% cancellation fee is required.
• The guest is not entitled for any deposit refund due to cancellations unless a special agreement is reached.
Scuba Tribe Bali, located in:
Tulamben, Kubu, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80853
This policy should be read in conjunction with any Terms & Conditions on our website.
The European Data Protection Board (EDPB) from May 2018
The EDPB was created by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), adopted on 27 April 2016 and published in the EU Official Journal on 4 May 2016. Please note that a corrigendum of the GDPR was published in the Official Journal on 23 May 2018 and is available here. The consolidated version of the EU General Protection Regulation (GDPR) is available here. The GDPR, which entered into force on 24 May 2016 and is applicable from 25 May 2018, creates a harmonized set of rules applicable to all personal data processing taking place in the EU.
The objective of this new set of rules is to ensure that personal data enjoys a high standard of protection everywhere in the EU, increasing legal certainty for both individuals and organizations processing data, and offering a higher degree of protection for individuals.
Even though we are a Bali based company, under Indonesian law, we interact a lot with European customers; that is why we want to comply within the best and safest standards to offer you a great experience with Scuba Tribe Bali. Transparency is the goal to set up a confident frame between us, and GDPR helps us doing so.
We therefore consider that we have a legal duty to respect and protect any personal information we collect from you and we will abide by such duty. We take all safeguards necessary to prevent unauthorized access and we do not pass on your details collected from you as a visitor, to any third party unless you give us your consent to do so.
Web Page Download Information
If you read or download information from our site, we automatically collect and store the following non-personal information:
The requested web page or download;
Whether the request was successful or not;
The date and time when you accessed the site;
The Internet address of the web site or the domain name of the computer from which you accessed the site;
The operating system of the machine running your web browser and the type and version of your web browser.
These data helps us to improve our website and to offer you a better, easier and quicker interaction with Scuba Tribe Bali.
To be able to provide our services, we need to collect some Personal Data about you for a number of reasons. This data may include but is not limited to:
– Your personal details: name, age, passport details, date of birth
– Your contact details: address, phone number and e-mail
– Useful details: gender, diet, spoken language
– Security details: insurance details, emergency contact
– Diving details: agency and level of certification
We may collect this information from one of the following resources:
1. From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us.
2. From third parties to whom you have provided information with your consent to pass it on to other organizations or persons
Scuba Tribe Bali owns all the contents produced inside its walls and under the supervision of the staff.
Any representation, reproduction or distribution, in whole or in part, of the content of this website on any medium or by any means, without the authorization of the company Scuba Tribe Bali, constitutes an act of counterfeiting likely to engage the responsibility: civil and criminal of its author. It prevails as well for the brand Scuba Tribe Bali.
Use of your Personal Information
Using Personal Data about our customers is necessary to provide them our services. We shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary: 7 years.
• We shall keep your personal data for as long as necessary according to local laws and/or third parties, such as PADI, oblige us to do so for security and quality assurance purposes only. After which time all personal data will be destroyed.
• To help us to identify you when you contact us, so that we can provide you the services and products you need. We may use databases with the data you have provided to do this.
• To contact you about improved administration of any services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future. As well as about products and services offered by us where you have expressly consented/requested to us doing so.
• To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling, as well as to create statistical and testing information to improve our internal procedures
• To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
• We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may allow other people and organizations to use Personal Data we hold about you for the following reasons:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• If the company is acquired by a third party
• If we employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. In this case the companies or individuals will receive only the data that they strictly need to perform their tasks.
• If it’s needed to provide the service you request, for example, we may give your personal data to a certificating agency, such as PADI.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural measures to keep the personal information safe. We protect access to the emails, web and social media with secured passwords.
Please remember that communications over Internet, such as emails, web-mails and social media, are never a hundred per cent secure. We cannot bear responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
You can set your browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options means that personalized services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website’s features.
Access to your information
You may request us at any time what information is effectively held on you if any, at that particular time. You have the right to have any inaccuracies corrected and where applicable erased, if they are not already deleted. If you wish to update or delete theses information, please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tulamben, Kubu, Kabupaten Karangasem, Bali 80853
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Scuba Tribe Bali and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Scuba Tribe Bali. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up to date and running smoothly. However, Scuba Tribe Bali takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Last update: APRIL 2020